Meade ETX 80 Observer Telescope Bundle
with 13-Piece Eyepiece and Filter Set and 7AH 12V Portable Battery
Pack it up and GO! Do you want a portable telescope that will do just about everything? The Meade 80mm ETX Observer can be used for astronomy as well as daytime terrestrial viewing, and if you add a safe solar filter (covering the front lens) you can even watch eclipses and see sunspots cross our nearest star! The ETX 80 Observer is also computerized and will take you to thousands of objects with the push of a button, and then tell you about some of the highlights through the Meade AudioStar controller. High Point Scientific has bundled the ETX 80 with extra accessories that will really increase your enjoyment of this telescope!
- The High Point Ultimate Plossl Eyepiece and Filter Kit includes five Plossl 1.25” eyepieces, a 2X Barlow lens, and six colored filters for planetary viewing! All 12 items are safely stored in an ease-to-carry accessory case! Since you already get two eyepieces with the Meade ETX 80 Observer, you will have a total of seven (7) eyepieces to view through, and because the 2X Barlow doubles the magnification of any 1.25" eyepiece, that means you will have an astounding 14 different magnifications to choose from!
- We have also included the Celestron 7AH 12V Rechargeable Power Supply with the Meade ETX 80 Observer Bundle. Now you don't have to use up your AA batteries whenever you want to observe. Just plug the included Meade 607 DC power cable into the telescope and the charged power supply, place the battery under your tripod legs, and observe the universe to your heart's content!
About the Meade ETX 80 Observer Telescope...
- The Meade ETX 80 Observer is a computerized 3.15” f/5 achromatic refractor telescope that will show you the Moon, planets, and bright deep-sky objects with the touch of a button!
- The Meade AudioStar hand controller guides you to over 30,000 objects and can tell you about a wide range of celestial delights through its built-in speaker!
- The 80 mm telescope tube can be easily removed from the fork arms, allowing you to mount the OTA elsewhere if you choose
- The ETX 80 Observer includes a 26 mm and 9.7 mm Super Plossl eyepiece for 15X and 41X magnification, and a built-in flip function Barlow lens to double the magnification of any eyepiece when you want
- A Red Dot Viewfinder comes standard to help you aim the scope
- Store your ETX 80 Observer (sans tripod) in the included backpack and you’ll be ready to take your telescope anywhere!
- The tripod has some unique features, such as a hook at the bottom of the central column to hold extra weight for more stability, a holder for the AudioStar controller, and a spreader bar that can hold eyepieces and other barreled accessories
Starting your astronomy journey with the Meade ETX 80 telescope is a smart move. Take advantage of 3.15” of aperture to enjoy close-up views of the solar system and celestial objects anytime, anywhere. Packing your ETX 80 Observer at a moment’s notice is a breeze with the included backpack
The Meade ETX 80 Observer fully equips the modern explorer with a sophisticated, automated and portable telescope. Its dual-purpose design includes a removable OTA and includes exceptional features like AudioStar, GOTO technology, and a large 30,000 object database. It’s a perfect scope to accompany you during camping, hiking, and outdoor activities. Daytime explorations and night-sky stargazing is fun, easy and educational. With the Meade ETX 80, you’ll see planets, stars, galaxies and nebulae at the push of a button.
A portable but stable tripod is included in this travel telescope package. Tripod features include a hook to hang extra weight for an increase in stability during windy conditions. A custom backpack comes with this Meade ETX 80 package. Store your telescope and accessories inside, and strap on your back to make on-the-go observations easy. This super portable, super powerful telescope is ready to go at a moment’s notice, a cinch to set up, and a blast to use!
Meade ETX 80 Observer Specifications
- Clear Aperture: 80mm
- Optical Design: Achromatic Refractor
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Resolving Power: 1.45 arc-seconds
- Viewfinder: Red Dot
- Eyepieces: 1.25” Super Plossl Eyepieces: 26mm (15x) and 9.7mm (41x)
- Barlow: Internal Flip-Function 2X Barlow
- Dovetail: Vixen-Style
- Mount Type: Fork type; double-tine
- Hand Controller: AudioStar™
- Object Database : 30,000 objects
- Tripod: Lightweight Aluminum
- Time Chip: Yes
- Assembled Product Weight: 11.72 lb.
About the High Point Ultimate Plossl Eyepiece Kit...
Wow! This huge 1.25" telescope accessory kit includes five Plossl 1.25” eyepieces, a 2X Barlow lens, and six colored filters for planetary viewing! All 12 items are safely stored in an ease-to-carry accessory case!
Five 1.25" Plossl Eyepieces: Representing a wide range of magnifications for your telescope, you will receive a 4 mm, 6 mm, 9 mm, 15 mm, and 32 mm focal length Plossl eyepiece. Our Plossl eyepieces have four optical elements and are fully multi-coated for good contrast views. Each of the lens elements has blackened edges to keep internal reflections to a minimum. A rubber eyecup tops each eyepiece to make viewing more comfortable, block out stray light, and keep your eye from touching the cold metal during observations. Plossl eyepieces have a field of view of around 50º and work best for observations without eyeglasses. The 1.25" chrome barrel is threaded to accepts 1.25" filters and fit easily into the included High Point 2X Barlow to double their magnification. This means you can get 10 different magnifications out of 5 eyepieces when you add the Barlow to the mix!
High Point 2X Barlow Lens The 1.25" 2x Barlow in the High Point Ultimate Plossl Eyepiece Kit works in conjunction with any 1.25" eyepiece (including the five Plossls included in this set) to double their magnification. Just slide the barrel of any 1.25" eyepiece into the opening of the Barlow, and enjoy twice the power of the eyepiece alone. High-grade glass optics with fully multicoated lenses are used so there is no degradation of the image.
Five High Point 1.25" Colored Filters: Enhance your enjoyment of our Solar System with a #12 yellow, #56 yellow/green, #21 orange, #25 red, #80A medium blue, or #58a dark green planetary filter. These 1.25" filters thread onto the bottom of most any 1.25" eyepiece barrel. Depending on the color of the filter and the planet being observed, you can bring out details that are not as easily seen without a filter. Observe the ice caps or maria on Mars, the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, and more by adding a filter.
Aluminum Carrying Case: This sturdy and well-built case fits all of the above items in the die-cut foam interior and has room for additional accessories. Take your High Point Ultimate Plossl Eyepiece Kit with you for a huge choice of magnifications and filters wherever you go.
About the Celestron 12-Volt, 7 Amp Portable Power Tank
Now you can take your telescope anywhere with the portable, rechargeable Celestron Power Tank power supply. Whether you have a computerized telescope or operate your telescope using motors, Celestron specially designed this product with the amateur astronomer in mind -- this model is packed with useful features. Not only useful for setting up and powering your scope, this telescope power supply can also be useful as an emergency roadside accessory as it includes an emergency light, and booster terminals in place to start weak car batteries.
- 7-amp hour
- Two 12V output cigarette lighter ports
- Built-in (2) USB ports for charing portable devices
- Built-in flashlight with red filter cap
- Energy efficient LED spotlight
- Booster terminal on rear side
- Built-in Circuit Breaker for safety
- Cigarette lighter adapter included
- 110 V/220 V switchable universal AC adapter included
About the Meade #607 12 VDC Power Cord
Use this 12VDC Power Cord to power your Meade ETX 90/105/125AT, LX10, LX90, or LX200GPS telescopes in the field by connecting it to the Celestron Power Tank or a 12 VDC automobile cigarette lighter socket. This cord is 25 ft in length, and includes a standard automobile cigarette lighter plug on one end, and the required DC power plug for your Meade telescope on the other.